Configuring E-Mail in Android Smartphone
- First we will need to tap the “Email” application
- This will launch the “Set up email” screen , fill in with your email address and the password for this account, once this information is entered tap on “Manual Setup”.
- If you only need to access the email from 1 device please use “POP3”. However if you want to access this email account on multiple devices (extra computers, mobile phone, laptop) then “IMAP” would be more suitable.
- Fill out the “Incoming server settings”, we have included an example of the information required:
- Email Address: The email address you wish to add (ex. firstname.lastname@example.org ). Username: Your user name should be set to your email address (ex. email@example.com).
- Password: send your request pass email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- IMAP/POP3 Server: This is where your mail client goes to get your emails. Please set this to mail.pttuntex.com
- Security Type: Set to default/Automatically.
- Fill out the “Outgoing server settings”, we have included an example of the information required:
- SMTP Server: This is where your mail client goes to send your emails. Please set this to mail.pttuntex.com
- Security Type: Choose TLS and set the SMTP server to mail.pttuntex.com
- Port: Ensure this is set port to 587
- Require Sign-in: ensure this is ticked and the username and password are filled in with your email address and password.
- You can configure your phones sync schedule.
- The email account is now set up and you should be able to send/receive mail. You can give your account a name and specify the name.
You have successfully setup an e-mail account on your Android phone!
If you need any additional assistance, please e-mail us at email@example.com. Thank you.