Tuntex File Server - Simple Network Attached Storage.
Definition: An easy to use file server that combines Windows-compatible network file sharing with a web based file manager. Tuntex File Server includes support for SMB, SFTP, NFS, WebDAV and rsync file transfer protocols. The server is configured to allow server users to manage files in private or public storage. Based on Samba and WebDAV Protocol.
This appliance includes all the standard features unix, and on top of that:
- SSL support out of the box.
- Webmin module for configuring Samba.
- Includes popular compression support (zip, rar, bz2).
- Includes flip to convert text file endings between UNIX and DOS formats.
- Webdav providing WebUI and WebDAV access.
File server (Samba) configurations:
- Preconfigured wordgroup: WORKGROUP
- Preconfigured netbios name: FILESERVER
- Configured Samba and UNIX users/groups synchronization (CLI and Webmin).
- Configured root as administrative samba user.
- Users home directory.
- Public storage.
- CD-ROM with automount and umount hooks (/media/cdrom).
Access your files securely from anywhere via Webdav:
- web GUI access to your files, with online previews of major formats and drag-n-drop support.
- Pre-configured authentication (Samba).
- Pre-configured repositories (storage, user home directories).
- Default storage: /srv/storage
- Accessing file server via samba
This was last published in January 17, 2018. By. Dewi - IT Administrator